When severe weather conditions are forecasted we will do everything in our power to make all scheduled visits to your pets. If a state of emergency has been declared, a travel ban on the road is put into action and the MTA has shut down, conditions for all of us at SWPS may be too dangerous to go outside. It would be suggested that a neighbor, friend or family member that lives close by have your keys and be able to check in on your pets should we not be able to make a visit during a 24 hour period.
If severe conditions are predicted before you leave we will communicate with you. If you are already away we will make sure to give ample food and water should we not be able to go out for a 24 hour period. This past weekend we experienced the second biggest snowstorm in NYC’s recorded history. It was challenging to say the least. We want everyone to be safe. Thank you!